A new newsletter – Looking back and looking forward: https://www.reverbnation.com/page_object/page_object_blogs/artist_1829454?blog_id=11295428
“Dear friends and music followers, We want to thank each of you for sticking with us and staying on our mailing list. As you probably realized, we are much later than usual getting our newsletter out. Summer of 2013 was full of good times and visits with family and friends, printing in our new darkroom, and making progress on our new cd which we had hoped to release at the Fall Folk Festival, but you never know what tomorrow will bring. Summer 2013 ended in September with the loss of my son Jesse in a motorcycle accident in Dallas… all time, rhyme, and reason, seemed to end, once again. It was just 5 years ago in December that we lost Bill’s son Mark. These last months have been dark indeed. We keep moving on best we can with the love of family and friends warming our hearts, the sounds of Mozart soothing our souls, and the hugs of grandchildren making us smile.
When I was ready to pick up my guitar again the first thing that came out was a chorus of words for Jesse, a song unfinished, and the second was a new children’s song. A kid’s cd is on the list of many things we would still love to do, but with life’s unpredictable winds we have become reluctant to predict when anything will be completed. What we can say for certain is that we love creating, and we will continue to work…
* We’re making some changes in song selections but hope to have the new cd done early this year.
* Our next music show is scheduled for Friday, March 14th, 6 to 9pm at Grande Ronde Cellars. We will once again share the bill with our favorite folkie cohort Dan Maher.
* Our next photo show is scheduled for this coming May at the Kolva-Sullivan Gallery.
* We’re hosting another house concert on Thursday, January 30th – “The Long Memory: Remembering the Songs and Stories of Bruce ‘Utah’ Phillips with Duncan Phillips and Erin Inglish. Seats are filling fast so RSPV soon if you want to come: 509-363-0144, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Several months ago I jumped in as head of the Spokane Songwriters Organization which is undergoing some changes but still kicking and searching for ways to promote Spokane artists. The 4th Wednesday of every month we’ll hold an open mic at Grande Ronde Cellars, and the next In-the-Round showcase is set for April 11th. Oh… and… the 4th Friday 9th anniversary is coming up this month. Will we make it to 10 years??? We can’t promise but we’re definitely planning on it. Perhaps it’s just what this world needs – people of all sorts coming together every month to share food, music, and good conversation. Maybe we should start a movement – 4th Friday around the world….
Bill and I send our love, and we wish you all a good, a very good, 2014 ~